Friday, August 30, 2013

Signature Experience

In this weeks readings, I felt particularly interested in reading about creating a 'signature experience' and the chapter capability builder in the textbook. I think I connected to these readings because I can relate them to my current organization. My organization really prioritizes and makes customer service both internal and external a big part of the environment. Since there is no shortage of insurance companies, providing stellar service is what has to set us apart. However, good customer service has to start on the inside in order for it to succeed on the outside. Each employee from executive level to entry level and internal and external facing have to go through this program. In addition, we all have to attend a culture of engagement workshop as well that communicates the culture within the organization with a focus on customer service as well. It was clear from my interactions during the hiring process that it was the type of environment that fit who I was and what I valued. This environment was communicated to me in every step of the interview/hiring process. This communication allowed both me and the organization to determine through the hiring process whether we were a 'good fit'. I am very happy and satisfied with my job and feel very connected to my organization. I believe this is a result of the organization creating a signature experience which can help improve recruiting, hiring and retaining employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment